Now let’s create accounts for all the students that your staff members will publish content to. The process for creating student accounts is very similar to adding staff accounts, with only a few minor differences:
- Browse to the proper school and click on Students, then click the plus button in the lower right corner.
- You’re only required to enter a Name, Username, and Grade for students. An email address is optional. If you do not enter an email address for the student, the admin (you) will need to manually set their password using the Set Password button. If you do enter a student email, he or she will receive an email with a link to set his or her own password.
- Select the student’s Primary Teacher and any other Team Members who will work with them, and other optional fields you desire. When you’re done, click Save.
- Just as with Staff accounts, you can deactivate or delete student accounts from the three vertical dot menu. While you can reactivate accounts that have been deactivated, deleting them is a one-way trip: once they’re gone, they’re gone.
Bulk student account creation can be done through an import function to save time via the following process:
- From the Students page, roll your mouse over the plus button and click on the button that appears.
- Click on the Download template link, and fill out the spreadsheet you receive with the information that needs to be included in the student profile.
- Click on Choose File, select the completed spreadsheet, and click Import to begin the upload process.
Student profiles can be copied from one school to another when they move up a grade or transfer for any other reason. The process is exactly the same as for staff, with one difference:
- Browse to the Students page of the NEW school, click the plus button in the lower right corner, and click on the magnifying glass icon to the right of the Name field.
- Type the student’s name into the search field in the Locate Existing Student window that appears, then select them when their name appears and click Select Student.
- All the information from their existing profile will pre-populate the new one, so make any necessary changes and click Save.
- The student’s current primary teacher will be emailed a request to approve the change. They need to do this before the student’s new teachers and paraprofessionals will be able to work with them in ONEder.