Now that you’ve familiarized yourself with the Admin Portal, let’s start creating some schools. How you choose to do this depends on what works best for you: some districts prefer to create schools that correspond to physical buildings, others prefer for their schools to correspond to different programs within their SpEd department.
Once you’ve chosen the best organizational method for your district, you can begin creating your first school.
- Click on the Schools button on the right side of your dashboard, then click on the plus button in the lower right corner of the screen to open the New School screen.
- Enter the School Name and, optionally, create an account for a School Admin. The school admin will have all the same system admin capabilities as you (the District Admin), but only within this school as opposed to the entire district. Click SAVE when you’re done.
- If you need to disable or delete a school for any reason, you can return here and select the appropriate option from the school’s record on the Schools page. Deactivated schools can be reactivated, but deleted schools are gone permanently, so make sure you really want it gone before you do that!
The next step is to allocate licenses to the schools you’ve created so you can activate student accounts:
- From the My District page, click on the green Licenses button on the right side of the screen.
- Find the PO you want to allocate licenses from (you may only have one), click the three vertical dots on the right side of its line, and select Edit.
- Find the school you want to allocate licenses to, put the appropriate number in the Total Licenses field, then click SAVE when you’re done.