Let’s create Staff accounts for teachers, paraprofessionals, and any other staff who will be using ONEder in your district:
- Browse to the school you want to create Staff accounts in and select Staff, then click on the plus sign in the lower right corner of the screen to open the New Staff page.
- The only required fields for the staff account are name, email address, and a unique username, but ONEder provides several other optional fields you can fill out if you choose. If this person’s students have already had their accounts created, you can also assign them by entering their names into the Students field. (Note: you cannot assign a primary teacher this way, that can only be done in the student profile.)
- Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner when you’re finished. An automated email with the person’s username and a link to set their password will be sent to the email address you specified.
- If you ever need to disable or delete a Staff account, click the three vertical dots next to the account name and select the appropriate option. As with schools, deactivated Staff accounts can be reactivated, but deleted accounts are gone for good.
The ONEder Admin Portal also includes a bulk import function you can use when you have a large number of accounts to create at once:
- Go to the Staff page, but instead of clicking on the plus sign, simply roll your mouse over it and then click on thebutton that appears to open the Import Staff window.
- Click on the Download template link, fill out the spreadsheet with the required information for each staff account, then select the completed spreadsheet with the Choose File button and click Import.
If certain staff members need to use ONEder in multiple schools within your district, ONEder provides an easy way to accommodate them:
- Open up the New Staff page in the school you need to add the existing staff member to, but instead of filling out the entire profile, click on the small magnifying glass icon next to the Name field.
- Type the name of the teacher you’re looking for into the Locate Existing Teacher window, then select them when their name appears and click Select Teacher.
- The information from their existing profile will populate into their new profile for this school. Click Save when you’re done.